Important Note: This integration is very time-sensitive. All steps must be completed in one session very quickly so one MP200 is paired in order to lock in the API key validation. If the device disappears from the Device Manager in USAePay, the key validation in Solana is nullified and you must start over.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items ready:
- Login credentials for USAePay.
- Admin access to the Horizon software.
- MP200 devices (Note: new devices need to be charged before use but you can complete the setup while they are charging).
First, log into USAePay
You should have received a New User Activation email from USAePay. Use this email to activate the account, create a password, and set up 2-factor authentication.
- Log into USAePay
- Go to Settings in the left menu bar and expand your options
- Click Device Manager
- Click + to add a device
- Device Name = type in Horizon
- Search for Source Key = select Horizon POS
- Terminal Type = select Standalone
- Click Register
- Click Done
- Still in the Settings section, click API Keys in the left sidebar
- Locate the Horizon POS key
- Right-click in the space between the key name and key on screen and select Edit to view details
- This is where you will be able to see the key and pin that are needed for the next step.
Next, validate the API connection in your software
- Log into the software
- Go to Admin > Definition/Setup > Global > System Options
- On the POS section of this page, check the box next to System Credit Card Support
- API Key = copy the key from USAePay and paste it here (no leading or trailing spaces!)
- API PIN = copy the pin from USAePay and paste it here (no leading or trailing spaces!)
- Click Validate Key
- A message should on screen that indicates it is validated
- Be sure to click Save in the top right of the screen
Now it's time to pair the MP200
- Press the power button on the MP200 to turn it on
- Once you see the Welcome screen, press the Wi-Fi key (third key down on the far right, also has the down arrow on it)
- Review the list of available networks
- Select your network
- Enter your Wi-Fi password
- Once Wi-Fi is connected, you should be prompted to enter your pairing code
- Still in the software, go to Admin > Schools
- Select the school from the list and click More Details
- Access the POS tab
- In the Terminals section, click the Edit button in the Credit Card Device Edit column next to the POS terminal you want to pair with the MP200.
- Check the box for Terminal Credit Card Support
- A 6-digit pairing code should appear on the screen
- Enter the pairing code on the MP200
- A message should appear on screen to let you know if the connection was successful
- If you would like to turn off the loud beeping, hit the Wi-Fi key (third key down on the far right, also has the down arrow on it) to bring up the Main Menu > Select 1 for Settings > Select 5 to change Keypad Sound to Off.
Configure device settings in USAePay for remote updates
- Go back to USAePay
- Go to Settings > Device Manager in the left sidebar
- The device you originally named Horizon should have changed to the actual terminal/lane name as it appears in your software.
- The power button in the corner should be green.
- Click to open details for the device.
- Under Default Terminal Configuration, uncheck Enable Debit MSR.
- Under Settings, check the box next to Update Notifications. This will push update notifications directly to the device and allow you to run updates from the device. Otherwise, you would need to monitor the Device Manager in USAePay for any software updates and initiate the updates from the website.
- Click the green Save button.
The integration is complete!
If you are using more than one MP200, see Add a terminal in HST/Solana. Additional devices can be added at any time.