To protect yourself and your business, it is important to analyze all incoming orders and document everything.
What to look for:
- larger than normal orders
- ordering several of the same item
- ordering several big ticket items in one sale
- domestic orders shipped to international addresses
- free email address services
- multiple orders placed with different names and cards and addresses but all from the same IP address
If you are suspicious of any order, use every resource available. The Internet is a great tool! You can try to validate or investigate information in the order.
- billing information
- phone numbers (you can try to call the customer)
**Note: Most fraudsters will try to rush the sale and avoid any actual contact.
Please see usa.visa.com for more helpful information how how to protect yourself.