If you will be setting up multiple users with the same set of limited permissions, it can be very time consuming to add all the permissions every single time. Instead, you can create custom roles to streamline the process. When adding a new user, it is one simple step to select the role from a dropdown menu.
Expand the Settings menu on the left in your gateway account.
- Go to Roles to access the Role Manager.
- Click the +Add New Role button.
- Name = create a custom name for the role.
- Type = select users.
Click the Console Permissions tab.
- Each section on the left side will display a list of permissions for that section of the merchant console. Check the box to grant permission.
- To further define permissions, go to Advanced Permissions in the upper right corner. Turning this ON shows a list of subcategories for each permission. Check the box to grant permission.
- When finished, click Save to save the role settings.
Repeat this process to add more roles. See Restrict user access to learn more about limiting permissions.